Crystal Awards 2021
1. Each entry must be represented in its original format and must have been produced or implemented or run during the 2020 calendar year by a firm or individual located in Texas. If the entry was directed by a company, or a branch office of a company, and produced by another entity (agency, production firm, etc.), at least one of those must be located in Texas. It is acceptable for the work to have been for another geographic market as long as there was a Texas location involved in its direction or production.
2. Any entries that are incomplete and not finalized by the entry deadline will be deleted from the system. Only final/completed entries that have been paid for will move onto judging.
3. The firm or individual submitting the entry must have been involved in the direction, development, production and/or implementation of the submitted entry.
4. If you completed the work on behalf of a client or company, you must enter that client or company name and an email contact.
5. If you plan to enter the same entry in a separate category, you must make sure (1) the entry fits into the category appropriately and (2) the required information is edited to specifically speak to that category. Entries that are straight duplications into more than one category risk being disqualified by the judges.
6. Each entry must be prepared according to these guidelines and digital requirements listed in the entry system. An entry that fails to follow these guidelines and the digital requirements is subject to disqualification.
7. The judges and Crystal Awards judging team may move an entry to a different category and/or divide or merge categories, as they deems appropriate.
8. Judges reserve the right to not advance any entries into the finalist phase of the program if they deem the entry scores to low.
9. The decisions of the judging committee and the judges are final.
10. No entry fee will be refunded due to an entry’s disqualification, or after the entries are judged.
11. Electronic storyboards are required but are not scored. A storyboard that does not match the criteria below will be disqualified:
- One (1) document (electronic story board) showcasing your submission in JPG format only. Do not submit multi-page documents or multi-page PDF.
- The category and sub-category names and the submitting company’s name and/or logo must be on the storyboard.
- RESOLUTION GUIDELINES: Image size: 20″ x 20″, RGB, 300 dpi, saved at 100% quality.
- Storyboard must correspond directly with the answers provided within the entry questionnaire.
- AMA Houston is under no obligation to alert entrants that an entry has been disqualified for these reasons.
- Finalists may be asked to provide an even higher resolutions ‘electronic story board’.
12. Entrants will have the option to input URL links to support an entry as necessary. URLs should not require any username or password for access.In cases where this already exists, the entrant should create an independent URL. If at any time during judging a URL is not accessible, the entry will be disqualified. Entrants may not submit executable files, or similar, that will attempt to install a program on the judging computer(s). Entries that attempt to install a program, will be disqualified without reimbursement of entry fees.
Entries Open: February 10, 2021
Entries Close: April 16, 2021 EXTENDED to April 20, 2021 at midnight!
Finalists Announced: May 6, 2021